How Car ball joint replacement to be realized? When ball joint car parts wear and tear, we have to replace as well. Please pay attention according to points below:
- Ball joints wear out over time and miles driven, showing symptoms like play, knocking, vibration.
- Replacing worn ball joints prevents loss of suspension control and dangerous separation.
- A mechanic will inspect for radial and axial play by prying on the joint while lifted.
- Ball joints are replaced by detaching the control arm or steering knuckle.
- The old unit is pressed out and the new ball joint pressed in using a hydraulic press.
- The torque specifications must be followed when re-attaching the ball joint.
- Both sides should be replaced together to prevent added wear on the good joint.
- Old seals should be cleaned out and new grease applied during installation.